Design is key to success
Design of your organisation and the capability of your people are a leading indicators of your success. A strategic goal for any organisation should be to implement a broad ranging reform programme to ensure a fit-for-purpose organisation; one that is aligned with the strategy and capable of excellence.
This strategy can be described as the “re-design” of the organisation. Specific outcomes of a “re-design” include:
- A focussed organisation with a clear vision and the business strategy and capability to deliver on that vision
- Consistent, trustworthy and effective leadership and managerial performance
- Significant improvement in staff engagement
- Improved attraction, retention and capability for the future
Core dimensions of the work to “re-design” the organisation include:
- Implementation of an organisation structure designed to deliver the business strategy
- Embedment of a disciplined, consistent and effective managerial leadership model at all levels of management
- Clarity for all around role expectation in terms of task, authority and accountability
- Capability assessment and development
- Development of world class people systems, to support high quality relationships between managers and staff
- Increased governance through improved business systems
Together this work will allow alignment between the strategic objectives of the business, the change initiatives, and the ongoing development of organisational capability and performance.